Mini Expedition Vehicle

Mini Expedition Vehicle
Small but mighty!

Sunday, December 27, 2009

Expedition 1st posting

The lake Pleasant to Wickenburg was a great short off-road trip although I lost all the bolts that hold the upper rack to the rack bars but caught it just in time. Was able to jury rig enough to make it into Wickenburg and found an ACE Hardware right away, bought 4 bolts and made the fix in about 1/2 hour and we were off again.

Hit hwy 60 to I-10 and made it to Wrightwood by about 6:30 CA time. It was about 30 deg. when we set up for the night. Quarters are tight but because the temp. dropped to 25 deg. it made it nice for me and my honey to snuggle.

We woke up about 6:30 and headed to Palmdale where we are sitting right now updating my blog (Starbucks). We'll be heading out over Gorman pass towards Pismo Beach. We should make it to Pismo by mid-afternoon. We will continue to update as we go.

Check out the photos so far. By the way the GO-PRO camera is awesome, we are still working for a better camera mount situation.

 My quote for the day: "Never under estimate cold weather and the need for lock washers"

good thing we kept the ice scrapper.


I thought we were roughing it, notice the tent in the background.

No comments:

Post a Comment